Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Rubber Stamp Society

It's like a dream come true that a wonderfully wonderful gift shop should ask me to help them with their branding.  I don't know about you but usually opportunities like this tend to disguise themselves in dread, doubt and procrastination and it's very difficult to appreciate them for what they are at the time.

The Dear Doris logo eventually came into fruition in my sketchbook while I was in Sydney almost two years ago.  I was sat out on our little balcony with a flat white and still trying to shrug off the jetlag nearly 5 days into the trip.  With no distractions bar a Frankie magazine I'd already read and some terrible Australian TV I had no escape but to work on the logo and - hey - the Ninja chickens were born.



That day I also created material for shop gift certificates and some of those illustrations are now being used as part of their twitter background.  In fact the dreaded design work has been rolled out across their packaging, online presence and now on the walls of the shop.  Next project: a new website!


Here are some pics of the rubber stamp I recently had produced for Dear Doris, which is now used on all their receipts and packaging.


I'm getting better at swallowing frogs - or confronting chickens, as the case may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment